service call RRS feed

• Question

• I receive a service call today saying that there are errors and warning on my system. I'm wondering do the staff from windows 10 give owners a call about that and if so why the phone numbers are block.
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 2:11 AM

All replies

• Not sure what you are talking about.  This is a forum dealing with issues around Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview, and you mention Windows 10.

From whom did you receive a service call?  What errors and warnings are being displayed?  What 'staff from Windows 10' are you talking about?  What phone numbers are blocked?

If you are wondering if Microsoft automatically calls people who are seeing errors on their systems, the answer is 'NO'.  You will need to provide more information if anyone is to try to assist you.  Or, you could give Microsoft support a call.  support.microsoft.com

. : | : . : | : . tim

Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:45 PM
  • There is a scam going around where people will call saying they are from Microsoft or Windows support or some variation of this. They will say that your computer has reported viruses or some other issue and that they are calling because the computer reported problems. This is a scam. Microsoft does not do this.

After you allow the people onto your machine, they get in and mess it all up and then want to charge you $300 or more to fix what they just messed up, but first you have to send them money and then they probably are still not going to fix your computer. Please hang up on these people when they call unless you initiated a call to Microsoft support and you are waiting for a cal back.

Larry King MCTS

Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:59 PM