none
Authentication input for username and password is missing from security when using rdp, outlook (outside of domain), edge browser RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I have been having issues with username password prompt when using RDP, Outlook (outside of domain), and edge for corporate network.  

I used to be prompted and was able to type in my username and password but since the upgrade I am unable to enter my credentials.  It seems to be passing credentials but not sure which and also just stays at connecting and never connects.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi Steve,

The issue is that it is not available to input the username and the password or it is available to input them but it won`t be authenticated? Have you tried to input the password with the onscreen keyboard?

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.  If it is possible, please create a new account and login with that to have a check.

If it is the former, please run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

If the is the later, please clear the credential cache(Search "credential manager") to have a check.

If the issue persists, please check the Event Viewer for related error message to troubleshoot this issue.

Event Viewer\Windows Logs\Application, System

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:52 AM
  • Found the issue.  It was my cisco anyconnect version that was causing the issue.  I've updated to latest windows 10 supported version and everything is functional
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

The issue is that it is not available to input the username and the password or it is available to input them but it won`t be authenticated? Have you tried to input the password with the onscreen keyboard?

First of all, please ensure the machine has got the latest updates.  If it is possible, please create a new account and login with that to have a check.

If it is the former, please run "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" to check the health of system files.

If the is the later, please clear the credential cache(Search "credential manager") to have a check.

If the issue persists, please check the Event Viewer for related error message to troubleshoot this issue.

Event Viewer\Windows Logs\Application, System

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:52 AM
  • Found the issue.  It was my cisco anyconnect version that was causing the issue.  I've updated to latest windows 10 supported version and everything is functional
    Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:23 AM