Importing updates on WSUS console on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• On our Windows 10 workstations with WSUS console when trying to Import updates into the console we are only given the option to Download.  This function works on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, just not Windows 10.  I have tried to turn off the security setting, add the catalog URL to the trusted sites and nothing works.  

One thing I do observe is on the other os' it opens the catalog in IE on Windows 10 it opens with Edge.  I changed the default browser to IE and it still opens in Edge without the download option.  

I also tried changing the protocol from 1.20 to 1.8 and no go.

How do we resolve this as we are moving away from Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 and don't want the group doing the updates to have to logon the server in order to import the updates into the console?

Thank you!

areyea

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Areyea,

As far as I know, Windows 10 clients with RSAT seem to be unable to import updates via the Microsoft Update Catalog, and you will receive an 8DDD0021 error even if the necessary plugins are installed. Checking other thread also got the same answer, so you need to do the import update on the WSUS server.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:15 AM
  • The problem with that is, it is working on 1 Windows 10 machine. There has to be a setting or something?

areyea

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Hi Areyea,

This article mentions a way to import updates to WSUS via scripts: "Import the convenience update into WSUS".

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope the above can help you.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:06 AM