none
How to change labels of dimension members in PerformancePoint Dashboards? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to set some other property rather than label when designig dashboards in PerformancePoint Server Dashboard Designer? If not, is thare some workoround solution or patch that resolves this issue?

Thursday, December 11, 2008 7:56 AM

Answers

• I believe the labels are coming in from the cube.  You would need to change the label at the cube level. 
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Tuesday, January 13, 2009 6:55 PM
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Like Aseem stated, if you are using SSAS as the data source and the dimension members from the cube, then you need to go back to the source to make the name change you are looking for.  Everything is clearly defined in the cube, so whether you are doing this in your database during the ETL load, a database view that sits on top of the dimensional model, or within the data source view of the SSAS database.  This is where the change should be made an the dimension should be updated appropriately (single source/version of the truth).  Just make sure that you are setting the Name Column property in your dimension attributes appropriately.

I do know in scorecards you can right-click on KPIs and override the names or items in them with the Name Override property in the settings.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:55 PM

All replies

• I believe the labels are coming in from the cube.  You would need to change the label at the cube level. 
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 6:33 PM
  • Like Aseem stated, if you are using SSAS as the data source and the dimension members from the cube, then you need to go back to the source to make the name change you are looking for.  Everything is clearly defined in the cube, so whether you are doing this in your database during the ETL load, a database view that sits on top of the dimensional model, or within the data source view of the SSAS database.  This is where the change should be made an the dimension should be updated appropriately (single source/version of the truth).  Just make sure that you are setting the Name Column property in your dimension attributes appropriately.

I do know in scorecards you can right-click on KPIs and override the names or items in them with the Name Override property in the settings.
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:55 PM