none
Ricoh Copier "Scan To Email" Function doesn't work with SBS2011 (Exchange 2010)

Question

• Not sure is this should be here or in an Exchange forum, but I am in the middle of a migration from SBS2003 to SBS2011 Standard.  Everything is going smooth.  Am at the point where I can decommision the SBS2003 server but I've ran into a small problem. 

We have just purchased 2 Ricoh copiers with Scan To Emai features.  On each of these I originally had the email server entered as server.domain.local with email port at 25 and they preformed the Scan To Email function with no problem. 

Now that I have installed the new server, I changed the email settings to newserver.domain.local and left the other settings the same. After I "test" the server from the copier's control panel it says "OK", but I think this is just a ping. After the change, the Scan To Email function sits there with a status of "Waiting" and then it errors out after a while.

My question is, is there anything that you can tell me that I have to change on the new SBS2011 to allow this function to work?  Does email on the internal network require some kind of authorization now?

Thanks,

Aaron

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:19 PM

Answers

• Similar to SBS 2008, need to add a new receive connector.

Try this link - http://blog.mpecsinc.ca/2009/09/sbs-2008-mfpcopier-to-scan-to-e-mail.html

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2010) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by sdtbAaron Monday, June 13, 2011 3:51 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 3:34 PM

All replies

• Similar to SBS 2008, need to add a new receive connector.

Try this link - http://blog.mpecsinc.ca/2009/09/sbs-2008-mfpcopier-to-scan-to-e-mail.html

Robert Pearman SBS MVP (2010) | www.titlerequired.com | www.itauthority.co.uk
    • Marked as answer by sdtbAaron Monday, June 13, 2011 3:51 PM
    Monday, June 13, 2011 3:34 PM
  • Thanks Robert. This is my first experience with Exchange 2010 and as you know, it's a bit different from Exchange 2003.

I think this has answered my question.

Thanks again for the help.

- Aaron

Monday, June 13, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Hi Aaron,

You do need to add a new connector, this is true. However, the problem that you are having, namely the "Waiting" issue, is possibly due to the firmware level of the photocopier.

If you don't get this rectified by making changes on the Exchange server, feel free to get in touch with me here and I can try to assist you with the photocopier side of things.

Kind regards and best of luck,

Chris

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Llama God,

Thanks, but the problem was that I needed to add a connector for each copier.  After I did this, everything worked great.

- Aaron

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:24 PM
  • You should be able to use a single connector with the IPs of all scanners listed, rather than multiple connectors.

I guess it's very much '6 of one, half a dozen of the other' but I prefer to have the single 'Scan to email' connector.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:32 PM
  • SuperGumby,

Thanks, I believe that's what I actually did.  I don't remember because it was almost a year ago. :-)

-Aaron

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:34 PM