orphaned records RRS feed

• Question

• The environment is one site with server 2012 r2, sql 2012 along sccm 2012 5.00.8355.1000.  I started a reimage of the school and changing the names as we go along. 

I create queries by computer names for the collections and the new computers were not showing up in the collection.  When I checked the query and scrolled through the values and the old computer names were there.

I tried uninstalling the client on the reimaged computer and deleting the client out of all systems, that did not solve the problem.

any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Saturday, September 24, 2016 4:22 PM

Answers

• where do I set the option enable to merge duplicate records?

Dear Sir,

It's in Hierarchy Setting Properties (your Primary) - Client Approval and Conflicting Records - Automatically resolve conflicting records.

Your queries should query data from database, so if all these new imaged PC hasn't send any heartbeat data to site server, your query will not return any data.

• Check the OSD client Logs to be sure all steps (including naming) are successful.
    • Check from client logs to be sure client can communicate with management point and successfully registered.
    • Check from Console - Assets and Compliance - Devices to see if new PC name is listed.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:00 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:36 AM

All replies

• How are you collection created? Do you have the option enable to merge duplicate records?

Garth Jones

Blog: http://www.enhansoft.com/blog Old Blog: http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/default.aspx

Twitter: @GarthMJ Book: System Center Configuration Manager Reporting Unleased

Saturday, September 24, 2016 6:44 PM
  • they are created from a query computername is like partofcomputer%

where do I set the option enable to merge duplicate records?

thanks

Saturday, September 24, 2016 7:54 PM
  • where do I set the option enable to merge duplicate records?

Dear Sir,

It's in Hierarchy Setting Properties (your Primary) - Client Approval and Conflicting Records - Automatically resolve conflicting records.

Your queries should query data from database, so if all these new imaged PC hasn't send any heartbeat data to site server, your query will not return any data.

• Check the OSD client Logs to be sure all steps (including naming) are successful.
    • Check from client logs to be sure client can communicate with management point and successfully registered.
    • Check from Console - Assets and Compliance - Devices to see if new PC name is listed.

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 5:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frank Dong Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:00 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2016 5:36 AM