none
Office 365 Office Pro Plus install - Can I just use VLSC Office bits to deploy with MDT? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks.  Some of the deployments I do use the Office from VLSC licensing and others use Office 365 Office suite via 365 subscription.  Do I just use the download from VLSC for Office 2013 and 2016 for this?
    Saturday, July 30, 2016 1:14 PM

All replies

• Hi

Yes - and use MAK or KMS activation.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen
    Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Mobility
    Twitter: @PerLarsen1975 | Blog: osddeployment.wordpress.com
    If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Saturday, July 30, 2016 2:48 PM
  • Hi

Yes - and use MAK or KMS activation.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Hmm.  I think you might be misunderstanding me.  I would need a VLSC license to activate using those methods.  I'm just talking about downloading the media from VLSC and using one of the installs from the Office 365 user's account.  I think I just tried that though and I can't get it to work so there must be another method.  Thanks.
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 2:24 PM
  • Hi

If you use the VL media to install Office 2013 or 2016 then you need a MAK or KMS key.

If you use the O365 clicktorun install then you can use the O365 user activation.

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Sunday, July 31, 2016 7:40 PM
  • Hi folks.  Some of the deployments I do use the Office from VLSC licensing and others use Office 365 Office suite via 365 subscription.  Do I just use the download from VLSC for Office 2013 and 2016 for this?

no.

the bits are different. the licenses are different. the products are different. the packaging is different. the volume activation vs. subscription activation is different. the co-existence and interoperability is different.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Sunday, July 31, 2016 9:47 PM

no.

the bits are different. the licenses are different. the products are different. the packaging is different. the volume activation vs. subscription activation is different. the co-existence and interoperability is different.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Awesome.  Can you point me in the right direction for how I can make the O365 version of Office 2016 into an app that I can have installable during an MDT sequence?  Thanks.
    Sunday, July 31, 2016 9:55 PM
  • hi

Here is all the info you need:

https://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/gg715562.aspx

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Monday, August 1, 2016 4:34 AM
  • hi

Here is all the info you need:

https://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/gg715562.aspx

Kind regards
    Per Larsen

Awesome. yes I found this a few days ago actually. Haven't gotten to dive in yet.  Thanks for your post.  Appreciated.
    Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:39 PM