Page Libraty template RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to add a column at once in page library for all the subsites
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:26 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are several things I want to tell:

1.       The page library is a system library, so you cannot set it as a template and delete it since SharePoint needs to store pages created in this site.

2.       The page library belongs to document library, so you can create your own document library and make some customizations to make it similar with page library. And this new library will can be saved as a template and deleted.

3.       The last thing is that I remind you of you can save the pages created in the site into this new library through select this library at document library section in create new page page.

Hope it is helpful!

Seven
    • Proposed as answer by Ivan Sanders Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:59 AM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:01 AM

All replies

• Your question is unclear so let me guess what you mean.

You have created a page library in several sub-sites using the same List (Lib) template. 

You now need to add a column to each page Library.

If that is the question, the answer is that you can not amend existing templates. 

you have two choices.

a. Add the column manually to each page library in turn.

b. Add the column manually to one page library; save that page library as template; create new page libraries in all sub-sites from that template; delete all the original Page Libraries (except the one you manually changed)

only a. makes any sense to do.

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:26 PM
  • What you have guessed is correct and Is it possible save Page Library as a template, bcz it not showing save it as a template option in page library settings and aslo delete for this library.

1) Please tell me how to save a page library as a template

2) and How to delete a Page Library

Friday, July 2, 2010 3:41 AM
  • Hi,

There are several things I want to tell:

1.       The page library is a system library, so you cannot set it as a template and delete it since SharePoint needs to store pages created in this site.

2.       The page library belongs to document library, so you can create your own document library and make some customizations to make it similar with page library. And this new library will can be saved as a template and deleted.

3.       The last thing is that I remind you of you can save the pages created in the site into this new library through select this library at document library section in create new page page.

Hope it is helpful!

Seven
    • Proposed as answer by Ivan Sanders Tuesday, July 6, 2010 5:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 6, 2010 9:59 AM
    Monday, July 5, 2010 9:01 AM