none
Secondary Jobs Failing RRS feed

• Question

• SOrry for the repost but the last one had no comments and may havebeen in the wrong forum;

Hi, we've been running a primary and secondary setup for a number of years now. Both servers backup to attached storage disk arrays.

We had an issue when one of the disks failed on one of the primary disk arrays, although we caught it in time and rebult the array successfully, a lot of the jobs failed with data corruption errors and we had to delete and re-create the jobs.

However, since then a laretge number of jobs on the secondary server have failed. A few of these I've managed ot get running again after deleting and re-creating but a number are still failing.

The error I see in the alert logs are;

DPM could not start a recovery, consistency check, or initial replica creation job for "job" on "server" for following reason:
     (ID 3170)

An unexpected error occurred while the job was running. (ID 104 Details: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable (0x80070570))

I'#ve looked up these errors and have found nothing helpful.

There's nothing more in the windows or application logs of the secondary server.

I've no idea how to take this forward, the jobs constantly fail and have ben doing so for over a week now.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Regards,

Himesh

Himesh Gohil

Monday, July 4, 2016 10:36 AM