Is there anyway to get Math Input Panel to fit on 768x1024 screen? RRS feed

• Question

• I love the new Math Input Panel in Windows 7, but once you start scribbling in it, the buttons that get tacked on to the side make the panel too wide to be shown completely on a 768x1024 display.  This is a very common display resolution for a tablet with pen input (I'm using a Fujitsu Lifebook T4220).  There is a menu option in the panel to move the buttons, but it only offers left side and right side as a choice.  Is there a way to move them to the top or bottom instead?
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 9:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Seems to me on tablet PC's you can change the screen setting from portrait to landscape - what effect does that have?

You can also do the same in Windows 7 (right click on desktop and go for Screen Resolution). Options are available for portrait, landscape and reverse.

Sunday, June 7, 2009 10:44 PM
  • Yes, the orientation of the tablet can be changed and the panel fits.  But that's now how tablets are typically used.  I use mine all day for note taking at work, and I keep it vertically oriented like a paper legal pad.  The tablet PC input panel fits fine, and minimizes to the side of the screen automatically.  The math panel serves a similar purpose and should work the same way.  Tablet users aren't going to like being forced to hold their tablets in an unnatural position to enter equations just because the panel is too wide.
    Sunday, June 7, 2009 11:15 PM
  • The Misc. forum in this group has a 'comments' thread. You can add your experience, to help the dev team identify problems.

Have Comments about Windows 7 RC? (Part 4 - Do not post questions in this thread)

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Friday, June 12, 2009 2:27 PM