none
Restrict domain user to logon along domain?

Question

• Hello 

I'm working in IT-office at windows server 2012 R2. There are 12 laptop (users) joined to domain. 

I want to restrict all of them to login via AD domain account  instead of using their own local laptop account for login, when they come at my  office network. I'm waiting for your kind reply. Thanks  

• Moved by nzpcmad1 Monday, December 19, 2016 7:18 PM From ADFS
    Monday, December 19, 2016 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Abdur, 

Can you check in this thread, it has  GP to restrict from domain and local end as  well. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/3c980bcb-9232-4760-88c6-b9e81ba5b9e1/restricting-domain-user-logon?forum=w7itproinstall

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, December 19, 2016 1:01 PM
  • Hi,
    You could have a try “Deny logon locally” policy under Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment, this policy determines which users are prevented from logging on at the computer.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by Akampa Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi Wendy

Thank you for reply .

Its not worked. 

After selection a computer in policies  , use GPUPDATE at server and restart it .

Move to that computer and  try to open , its opens. I did shutdown this PC and login via domain account, it opened, good.  Again open Locally account of this computer but it again open,(bad) . While at this time it should not be open due to our policy , deny login locally.  

Please assist me some more. 

Best regards 

Abdur Rasool 

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:49 PM
  • Have alook on below article and try the steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/555317

Thursday, December 22, 2016 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, December 26, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi sunny

This is not my solution. 

Plz re-read my case "  I want all domain user should use their  domain account to login at their laptop (already joined Domain.) I want to prevent them to use their local account.  "

Thanks for reply. Plz keep me help .

Monday, December 26, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Hello Wendy 

Thanks for appreciation and reply 

This problem is still pending. plz re-read my issue 

["  I want all domain user should use their  domain account to login at their laptop (already joined Domain.) I want to prevent them to use their local account.  "]

'Deny login locally' didn't work in my case. I have been test this policy at two laptops. 

Looking forward to solve this. Thanks 

Monday, December 26, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

If you want user not to use local account, how about to disable them?

If that is working for your scenario, you could refer to the following script to do that, then use group policy to deploy the script to all clients, please see:

Disable Local User Accounts

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/47ad1824-5af7-451e-a9f5-f6dd90421394

Creating the GPO to Deploy the Script

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee431705(v=ws.10).aspx

Best regards,

Wendy

Thursday, December 29, 2016 1:48 AM