problem with domain users with "logon to" set , connecting to sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• I am having problems with users loging onto sharepoint portal.

Every user has the name of his machine in "logon to" on the domain and everything works fine exept loging on sharepoint portal.

The username\password incorect everytime they try. When I chack on "all computers" in "logon to" they can logon to portal.

I tryed puting the name of sharepoint server and database server into "logonto" but no luck.

i read the post

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/8a3a0682-4701-4d74-87b2-d42e98be52f5

but no luck there.

This is the exact scenarion :

userA on machineA trying to logon to sharepoint portal on ServerA with database on ServerB .. (all of them in a domain ab.lan)

Does enibody have some idea??

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 10, 2011 4:29 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 2:12 PM

All replies

• The users should logon to the domain when they log onto their machines in a typical environment.  SharePoint would then interpret their username as:

ab.lan\username

But, when they're logging onto their machine locally (with their machine name in the "logon to") it's passed to sharepoint as:

machineA\username   <--- which is a local username to the machine they are logging onto, therefore SharePoint cannot recognize it

So, you want them to "logon to" ab.lan

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 3:03 PM
  • I dont have local users. All of the users are loging with there domain credentials.

I am not talking about "logon to" when the user is loging on, but about "logon to" in user properties in AD useres and computers.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:19 AM