none
How to Upload SQL Data Files to a Server RRS feed

• Question

• I have used my FTP tool to upload my php and sql data files to a server.

The SQL database is basically a folder and in that folder is a single table that I use in my application.

So the database went up as a folder with the table inside.

This worked fine on my local host but when I run the php code on the server, it is unable to find the data files.

If someone could help with this, it would ne great.

Mike Smith

Saturday, August 17, 2019 3:51 AM

All replies

• The SQL database is basically a folder

Hello Mike,

??? In common a SQL Server database are at least 2 file, primary data file = MDF and a transaction log file = LDF, so I wonder about "folder". Which RDBMS are you using, is it MS SQL Server, the topic of this forum?

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Saturday, August 17, 2019 5:07 AM
  • Hi Mike,

If you did the correct process with a database detach and atach. moved the files to another directory there should be no problem.
    Show us exactly what error is occurring so we can help you better.

Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Analista de Banco de Dados - Sql Server e Oracle ]

Sunday, August 18, 2019 4:41 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Could you please share us more information about your issue?  It is best to post screenshots about your issue to make your issue more clearly.

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, August 19, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hello Friend

If you made a detach, you moved the database to another location on ftp and then atach again the .mdf and .ldf files and maybe .ndf if they exist. you should have no problems.
    Show us the error to be clear ok?

Jefferson Clyton Pereira da Silva - [MCSA | MCP | MCTS | MTA | Analista de Banco de Dados - Sql Server e Oracle ]

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:49 PM