How to give preference to one Sharepoint Workflow over another? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created two workflow for the same share-point document library, i used same events but both workflow are for different purposes. I want to give preference to one of the workflow.How can I do so ?
    • Changed type Yogesh. S Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:41 AM Want to Change Type
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:03 AM Try harded with your Titles. "SharePoint Workflow" (only) is far too generic a Title. Title re-written
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Yogesh,

As per your description i guess your 2nd work flow should fire once your 1st workflow is completed.If that is the scenario then create a custom workflow that initiates based on the 'status' of your 1st workflow.

Dillu
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:37 AM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Yogesh,

"I want to give preference to one of the workflow."

No, there is no way to give a preference to any workflow. It is totally depend on your workflow condition and action.

If you tell me your requirement in detail so that i can help you.

1. Which workflow you have created

2. Purpose of both workflows etc.

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by Yogesh. S Monday, November 29, 2010 10:05 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:37 AM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:03 AM
  • Hi Yogesh,

As per your description i guess your 2nd work flow should fire once your 1st workflow is completed.If that is the scenario then create a custom workflow that initiates based on the 'status' of your 1st workflow.

Dillu
    • Marked as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, December 8, 2010 6:37 AM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:46 AM