What is the proper way to create a new ssp and clean up old ssp RRS feed

• Question

• ·         Sharepoint 2007 Standard medium farm with SQL 2005

I have created a new SSP on a new web application. Then I made the new SSP to be the default one. Then, I deleted the other ssp2 from Central Administration > Application Management > Manage this Farm's Shared Services.  

However, I have an another site under this new SSP site. its name is siteadmin and has two site collection similar to the default ssp: /sites/Home and /ssp/admin which neither of them are accessable. Is this another ssp? I can't delete it from the Central Administration > Application Management > Manage this Farm's Shared Services.

How can I check if there is any info that I need to transfer to the new ssp prior deleting it?  ( There is no personal site in my farm)

I see i can go and delete the site collections , then its application, and database. is this the correct way to delete it?  what do I need to do for the new default ssp to be sure it is fully up to date? runing a full crawl?

any help is greatly appreciated,

Sara
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 2:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Sara,

Thanks to share your problem.

Here is a useful link which would properly help you to create a new SSP:

http://www.ucertify.com/article/how-to-create-a-new-ssp.html.

This is the operation on the editing page, and you may have try stsadm –o addssp –title <your name>.

To clean up the old SSP, you may try to use the stsadm –o deletessp –title <your name>.

If there is still any issue, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards!

Leo

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Wednesday, November 3, 2010 7:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sara_111 Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:01 PM
    Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:37 AM
  • I was on the third ssp. The other two ssp generated too much log files, many error.

I deleted them from the sharepoint, IIS and SQL.

The sharpeoint performance is very bad.

What is the proper way to replace a ssp if something goes wrong with it?

Sara
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:01 PM