none
Shortcuts on GPO

Question

• Hi

My domain on windows server 2012 and i created shortcuts path folder from GPO to all users and they can access no problem but if i create other one no body can see is there limit for shortcut and my  steps its from GPO - User Configuration - preferences - windows settings - Shortcuts .

Best Regards 

Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you set the Action to Create?

I would suggest trying out the 'Group Policy Modeling' feature in GPMC to find out which GPOs are set to be applied, as well as what specific settings and attributes of those GPOs are set to be applied. This will generate a full report which you can look through to verify that Group Policy is actually trying to apply the settings you want.

You can also try running 'gpresult /h test.html' on a client machine to get a similar report of what policies are actually being pushed to the machine.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 27, 2017 3:35 AM
  • I sure witch policy what published on the PCs i created policy on the OU and if i change any think on the policy it well be changing on all the Clients on the domain except this shortcut  .

Regards

Thursday, March 02, 2017 10:45 AM
  • Hi,

We could enable GPP tracing for troubleshooting the issue. Enable GPP tracing through group policy:

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\System\Group Policy\Logging and Tracing\Configure Shortcuts preference logging and tracing

When configured, the log file will be created in:

%SystemDrive%\ProgramData\GroupPolicy\Preference\Trace\User.log

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Monday, March 06, 2017 9:24 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Alvin Wang

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:10 AM