none
Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Project Server 2010. I added my Projects from Project Professional to Project Webb. I cannot update my project in Project Webb error message " this project uses features that are not supported for editing in project webb. this project contains task with task calendars".

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Monday, July 28, 2014 7:39 PM

Answers

• mathewindy --

In Project Server 2010, there are many limitations with editing projects using the PWA interface through the Project Center, as you have already discovered.  It is almost always better to edit enterprise projects using the Microsoft Project 2010 user interface.  In your case, you would need to open the enterprise project in Microsoft Project 2010 and remove any task calendars applied to tasks in your project.  To know exactly which tasks have a task calendar applied, apply the Gantt Chart view.  Right-click on the Duration column header, select Insert Column, and then select the Task Calendar column on the list of available columns.  AutoFilter on the Task Calendar column and filter for any value other than None.  Change the Task Calendar value to None for every task that has a task calendar.  Press F3 to remove the filtering, then save and publish your project.  At this point, you will be able to edit the project in PWA.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:22 PM

All replies

• mathewindy --

In Project Server 2010, there are many limitations with editing projects using the PWA interface through the Project Center, as you have already discovered.  It is almost always better to edit enterprise projects using the Microsoft Project 2010 user interface.  In your case, you would need to open the enterprise project in Microsoft Project 2010 and remove any task calendars applied to tasks in your project.  To know exactly which tasks have a task calendar applied, apply the Gantt Chart view.  Right-click on the Duration column header, select Insert Column, and then select the Task Calendar column on the list of available columns.  AutoFilter on the Task Calendar column and filter for any value other than None.  Change the Task Calendar value to None for every task that has a task calendar.  Press F3 to remove the filtering, then save and publish your project.  At this point, you will be able to edit the project in PWA.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, July 28, 2014 8:22 PM
  • Thanks Dale.

Indy

Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:19 PM