I just installed a new game and everytime I try to launch it I get an error. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I try to launch the game, whether it be via the desktop shortcut or going into the game file to use the launcher, I get an error that says "Windows cannot find 'G:\The Sims Medieval\\Sims3Launcher2.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Any idea what's wrong and how I can fix it?

Thursday, March 31, 2011 12:45 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Here is a similar issue, you can refer to the suggestions.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5531987.page

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, you could reinstall the game in compatibility mode. However, please understand it is a third party game, it is recommended contacting the Game Support to check the issue.

Right click the install file -> properties -> compatibility tab -> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP3), check the Privilege Level as well.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 8, 2011 3:36 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:11 AM

All replies

• Go to the G: drive, go into The Sims Medieval Folder, and then double-click that Sims3Launcher2.exe file directly.  What does it do then?

Shawn Keene
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Hi,

Here is a similar issue, you can refer to the suggestions.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5531987.page

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

If the issue persists, you could reinstall the game in compatibility mode. However, please understand it is a third party game, it is recommended contacting the Game Support to check the issue.

Right click the install file -> properties -> compatibility tab -> Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (SP3), check the Privilege Level as well.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, April 8, 2011 3:36 AM
    Monday, April 4, 2011 8:11 AM