Windows DVD Maker RRS feed

• Question

• I've been burning DVDs using Windows DVD Maker for a few weeks without a problem.  I bought a new DVD drive and installed it in my PC and now, when I run Windows DVD Maker it no longer displays part of the movie when the menu is displayed and if you look at the scenes they no longer have a thumbnail of the scene it's just black.  I'm guessing this is related to the DVD install and the Installation of Nero 7, which I did to get LightScribe support.  Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:02 AM

Answers

• The black scenes are probably related to a new video filter that was automatically added when you installed Nero.  Video filters can be nuisance.  Their effects can be eliminated in Windows Movie Maker - go to Options and then to the compatibility tab.  Deselect the Nero options and try to burn a DVD again. 

Changing this option only affects how Windows Movie Maker interacts with Nero, it does not disable Nero for other applications.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:35 PM

All replies

• The black scenes are probably related to a new video filter that was automatically added when you installed Nero.  Video filters can be nuisance.  Their effects can be eliminated in Windows Movie Maker - go to Options and then to the compatibility tab.  Deselect the Nero options and try to burn a DVD again. 

Changing this option only affects how Windows Movie Maker interacts with Nero, it does not disable Nero for other applications.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:35 PM
  • CDeHart,

Did your question get answered?

Thanks

-Tony Mann

Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:33 AM
  • I had this problem, and my question has been answered!

Disabling all filters (not just Nero) followed by a restart of the program (after saving my work, of course) did the trick.

I know this post has been dormant for a while, but thanks to the original poster! :D

Monday, December 21, 2009 11:26 AM