none
Trouble using with Google Account RRS feed

• Question

• I went through the setup process with Google two-step. Completed that process successfully. Logged into Google on the web successfully. However, my phone wanted me to sign in again due to the change of security. I could not get that code to take. I would log in then get the request for the code, copy the code from Microsoft Authenticator and it would never take it. 

Any thoughts? Anyone else having this issue or am I special?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:01 PM

All replies

• Hi

You need logon Google sercurity setting page to get the new  QR code.

https://myaccount.google.com/security

You could remove your original Phone and set again or select change phone.

It would be helpful for us to identify the problem if you could upload the screenshots.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:36 AM
  • Interesting, so the code from the Microsoft authenticator app was not being accepted as a valid proof when you were signing into your Google account on that phone? Sometimes that could be an issue of the time on your phone being not in sync with the time on the server/service doing the verification of the code. 

Otherwise, unfortunately, the best way to resolve is to remove (making sure you have another proof like SMS available) and re-add the account to the app again. 

Thanks for using the app! 

--Libby

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 5:53 PM