none
ERR2:7675 when migrating inter-forest computers

Question

• Hi all,

I can't migrate successfully the computers from one forest to another. ADMT returns  ERR2:7675

Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'. Access is denied. (hr=0x80070005)

Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'.  The RPC server is unavailable. (hr=0x800706ba)

After the Waiting for Restart status, ADMT returns the two errors above. If I restart manually the computer, everything works and the machine joins successfully to the domain. If i do not restart it manually, it is not either in the old or in the new domain... Since I have to migrate hundreds of computers, I can't tell the users to reboot before loggin on.

In a few words, the first reboot happens automatically and it just works...so the machine is removed from the domain. The second and lastreboot, which should join to the domain, it does't happen automatically.. why ?

Thanks

• Edited by Selva_MSN Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:40 PM
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 5:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    >> Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'. Access is denied. (hr=0x80070005)
    Please try to add Domain admin into Local admin group on the client, then see if there is any progress.
    >> Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'.  The RPC server is unavailable. (hr=0x800706ba)
    Please check if DNS is set correctly and you could have a try disabling Firewall to see if it works.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Selva_MSN Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:06 AM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    >> Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'. Access is denied. (hr=0x80070005)
    Please try to add Domain admin into Local admin group on the client, then see if there is any progress.
    >> Unable to verify the migrated computer 'computername' belongs to the domain 'newdomain'.  The RPC server is unavailable. (hr=0x800706ba)
    Please check if DNS is set correctly and you could have a try disabling Firewall to see if it works.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Selva_MSN Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:06 AM
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Thanks for your quick reply

I have found what happened: the target computer didn't have the properly DNS server and the OU where the new pc were moved to did have some GPO which prevents the pc from joining automatically the new domain.

Thus prior to migrate the pc I changed the DNS to the DC of the source domain. That happened since I was using a test pc in the target domain/network that had the DNS of the target domain... ouch!. Last thing I selected the OU "Computers" in the target domain which has no GPO in place.

Regards
    Thursday, March 23, 2017 7:48 AM
  • Hi,
    I am glad  that the cause is found out, and thank you for the update and share,  it will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Friday, March 24, 2017 1:26 AM