none
Logman creates performance counters on Windows Server 2008/2012 correctly but incorrectly on Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created the following performance counter using logman.exe. 

logman.exe create counter US_Triton_Perf_Log -b 9/23/2015 09:30:00 -e 9/30/2099 18:30:00 -r -s $server -si $frequence -cf $folder\$server.txt -f $logtype  -o C:\local\logs\Perfout_$Server --a -v mmddhhmm  -rf  $max_duration

When I do this across multiple servers specifically for Windows Servers 2008/2012, the counter is created to repeat and run everyday at 930PM and stops running everyday at 430PM. This works perfectly fine as intended. However, When I do this for a Windows 2003 server, my created counter is very different.

For example, in this case, I have set to the counters to start at 930AM and end at 1830PM, because I have set a maximum duration of 9 hours, the job terminates and begins on the next day, since I have the repeat option on. However, this does not apply to our 2003 server; logman creates the job to run once a week in this case it would be on a Wednesday. In addiiton, I noticed that the job doesn't not even start at it's indented time. It actually does not start at all. I also notice that the jobs on all windows 2003 servers are created in a pending status, which then prevents me from removing the counter remotely. 

I would like to know if windows 2003 is capable of working like my win 2008/2012 servers using logman, and if historically, the job has to be kicked off through scheduled task. 

Both Jobs are using the same criteria, but are created differently. The top photo was created on a windows 2003 server and the bottom photo was created on windows 2012 server.

Am I missing something here.

FYI

I have a script to automate across 200 servers, so when I deployed this it turned out about 50 servers were actually running as intended, and a whole bunch of them were in pending status, and all stopped. 

I appreciate any response on this issue.

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:29 PM