Sequencing Custom Active-X RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been answered but I've had a hard time piecing together relevant information to solve my problem. I'm new to App-V, and this is a complex configuration. We're running App-V 5 SP2 -- the sequencing computer is running HotFix 4.

Our organization's financial system is a web application that uses a custom Active-X control. When the virtualized Active-X control is utilized, an error message appears reporting that "%userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\mutemp" is not a writable location. I've done enough research and reading to know this has something to do with VFS, excluded files, etc... -- but at this point I'm just shooting in the dark. I've spent 3 or 4 days just trying different configurations and options to no avail.

I could write 10 pages of information regarding our organization's App-V configuration, the application, troubleshooting steps I've taken so far -- but rather, I'll let you guys ask questions to narrow down what you need to know to help solve this problem.

Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 5:37 PM

Answers

• If "%userprofile%\whatever" is part of your package, all files will be writen down in the bubble. Better to remove that folder from your package so that all userprofile related files will be writen down to the local file system.

Resequence and remove %userprofile%\*.* from your package. Or use Apolication Virtualization Explorer (AVE) to update your old package.

• Marked as answer by thewaiting28bs Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:21 PM

All replies

• If "%userprofile%\whatever" is part of your package, all files will be writen down in the bubble. Better to remove that folder from your package so that all userprofile related files will be writen down to the local file system.

Resequence and remove %userprofile%\*.* from your package. Or use Apolication Virtualization Explorer (AVE) to update your old package.

• Marked as answer by thewaiting28bs Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:21 PM
  • I will try that and update this threat accordingly.. Thank you!!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:12 PM
  • That did it! The thought never occurred to me to remove any trace of %userprofile%\* from the VFS. Lesson learned.. Thank you!!
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:31 PM