Windows Vista backup problems RRS feed

• Question

• I use Windows backup and have two problems. 

(1) It is scheduled to run automatically at 1.0 am nightly but instead it starts up when I wake the computer up in the morning and then runs while I am working, significantly slowing down performance.

On this site at ... en-US/0519d44d-fdc0-4d6c-8787-ce55f16f8a4b/can-a-backup-job-wake-the-computer-from-sleep you provided an answer for Windows 7.

Can you provide the equivalent answer for Windows Vista?  How can I force it to backup overnight as scheduled? 

(2) I back up to an external hard drive.  But the backup files accumulate until the drive is full.  I then have no option but to delete the lot and start again.  This cannot be right! 

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:12 PM

All replies

• DJFP

Is this win 7 or vista?  It is in the win 7 section yet you want the equivalent for vista??

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Sorry - it is Vista.  I realised too late that it was a windows 7 forum, but a Vista answer would be much appreciated, or else direction to the right forum.
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:34 PM
  • DJFP

Moved it for you.  I will stay subscribed to see if someone with intimate vista skills fronts up.  If not I may be able to give you a generic fix.  (been far too long since using vista for me to consider myself fully versed in it)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:45 PM