none
using GPP for mapping drives

Question

• Hi, I used GPP to mapped out 3 drives for a specific account but for some reason only 1 of the 3 is working or mapping. All 3 are set to 

Create

Reconnect

and show this drive 

under scope if I leave that under 'Authenticated Users', it shows me just one drive but if I change this to the only group that is involved in these 3 drives, it doesn't show anything. 

as the options in setting the 3 map drives. Anything I've missed for the other 2 drives not to be mapped?

Thanks

Jeff

• Edited by jeco Friday, March 10, 2017 3:12 AM
    Friday, March 10, 2017 2:02 AM

All replies

• Hi Jeff,
    Do the 3 drives have the same preference settings in the group policy? And are there any related event logs in the event viewer?
    If GPO is not completely applied, you could have a try "always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" policy in Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon and see if it helps.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:20 AM
  • yes, they do have the same preferences, havent checked event logs yet. What I did was to be sure, I created a test OU named Test Operation and move my test account in that OU. 

Will check that 'always wait for the network ...' and get back to you. 

Thanks

Jeff

Friday, March 10, 2017 7:42 AM
  • I found a problem which causes this issue. I tried to map the drive using ip address instead of the file server's hostname and it worked but when I manually typed in the run \\<file server's ip address> and look for the shared folder it works. It just doesnt work during GPP > mapping of drives

Thanks

Jeff

Friday, March 10, 2017 8:36 AM
  • > I tried to map the drive using ip address instead of the file server's hostname and it worked

If it works by IP, but not by hostname, you have Kerberos issues. Most probably, the krbtgt account password across your DCs is out of sync - or you are not using the real computer name of the server but an alias.

Friday, March 10, 2017 11:32 AM
  • Well, I'm pretty sure it is the correct name but here's what I did last night. Instead of the just the hostname, I typed in the FQDN and it worked. One last problem which I'm seeing i9s that under Security Filtering, by default the only thing that's listed is Authenticated Users. If I removed that and put in the group involved in that specific mapped drives, it doesn't map at all. or is it strictly needs to be authenticated users?

Thanks

Jeff

Saturday, March 11, 2017 1:36 AM
  • > Authenticated Users. If I removed that and put in the group involved in that specific mapped drives, it doesn't map at all.

MS16-072...

Monday, March 13, 2017 11:39 AM
  • I just checked both DC and this update is already applied. 

Thanks

Jeff

Saturday, March 18, 2017 3:24 AM
  • > I just checked both DC and this update is already applied.

Come on, of course it is applied. You need to research its known issues now :)

Monday, March 20, 2017 4:17 PM