none
Launchpad and VPN

Question

• Good Morning, So far I have been unable to get the Launchpad to work through a VPN. I am set up in a non-domain environment and so we are not using VPN through the server but through the router. The Launchpad comes up saying the server is off line.  They are able to connect to another server on the network (Linux) without a problem. Are there extra ports that need to be opened? I also was wondering about NPS/NAP? Any help would be great! Thanks in advance, Gene
    Tuesday, May 08, 2018 3:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As it is Windows Server Essentials Fourm, so, I want to confirm with you if your server is Windows Server Essentials edition? 

If so, Active Directory environment is necessary and your Windows Server Essentials must be PDC which holds all FSMO roles.

Launchpad is a client side application which is installed after connecting client to WSE via Connector.exe. 

So, in order to connect Server from client via Launchpad – Dashboard/Remote Web Access, please make sure that WSE meets above configuration requirements. And you had connect client system to WSE using Connector.exe.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 5:38 AM