Items saved to desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with the items I save to my desktop. Somehow my desktop folder seems to have changed its location (by some erroneous drag & drop operation). I see 2-3  folders with the name "desktop". I'm not clear which is what. Previously, when I used the desktop as the folder to save a file, it appeared on the desktop on my monitor. Now it appears in another "desktop" folder in the "Users" directory.

I do not know which is the correct folder and which is the folder that actually displays on my monitor. I'm too scared to delete any folder or move any folder for fear of creating a bigger mess.

Pls advise. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:40 AM

Answers

•  

Hi, I'd like to inform you that desktop folder should be in the following folder by default:

X:\Users\Username\Desktop

Note: X refers to your system partition. Usually, X is C partition.

You can also pay attention on the folder with a small arrow mark which is a shortcut. Usually, you can safely remove these kind of folders.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:13 AM

All replies

•  

Hi, I'd like to inform you that desktop folder should be in the following folder by default:

X:\Users\Username\Desktop

Note: X refers to your system partition. Usually, X is C partition.

You can also pay attention on the folder with a small arrow mark which is a shortcut. Usually, you can safely remove these kind of folders.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:13 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. I read somewhere that the default desktop folder should be X:\Users\Username\Desktop and so knew about it. But now what I see on my desktop is NOT this folder. When I create a file from any application, say Microsoft Word & select "desktop" as the place to save it, it DOES NOT display on my desktop.  I have to cut it from the default desktop folder & then paste it on my desktop. When I create a file from the displayed desktop by right-clicking and selecting New > Microsoft Office Word Document, at that time my file is created OK on the displayed desktop. 

Did you get my problem? How do I get the default desktop folder to be the folder that is displayed? Strange problem, isn't it? As I told you, I seem to have moved some folders by an erroneous drag & drop operation.

Pls advise if you can. Thanks.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 8:02 AM
  • This is in continuation of my previous post. What I see on my desktop is the folder X:\Users\Public\Desktop . How do I make X:\Users\Username\Desktop my default desktop folder?

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 2:56 PM