none
Erorr when running stsadmn backup RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have two different project server environments (both 2007,SP2) and now when I run  

    stsadm -o backup -directory e:\backup -backupmethod full

    I get :

    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3D42CCB1-4665-4620-92

    A3-478F47389230} failed due to the following error: 8007042d.

     

    With using backup and restore process from CA I get:

     

    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3D42CCB1-4665-4620-92A3-478F47389230} failed due to the following error: 8007042d.

    I have Office SharePoint Server Search strated.

     

    I use to be able to get the backup/schedule backup with the same command.

    I changed the farm password, but I login with the new password as the admin.

     

    Any idea why?

    Thanks

     

    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers

  • This is what I found:

    Make sure you have the "Office SharePoint service search" services (in windows services) run with the right user accound and password.

     

    • Marked as answer by B.D Friday, November 19, 2010 10:21 PM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 10:21 PM

All replies

  • Hello BD

    When doing backups from SharePoint Central, you have to use a File Share. 

    Try using a file share  //ServerName/BackupFolder with the STSADM command.

    Cheers!

     


    Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, November 18, 2010 1:19 AM
    Moderator
  • Michael,

     

    I did try that even before I try on unshared drive. Same error:

    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3D42CCB1-4665-4620-92
    A3-478F47389230} failed due to the following error: 8007042d.

    As I said, even on the CA, it doesn't even go to the step to ask for the path, and when I select all the farm and click on Continue to Backup Options 
     |  I get error

    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {3D42CCB1-4665-4620-92A3-478F47389230} failed due to the following error: 8007042d.

     

    Please advice.

     

    Thanks.

     

    Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:51 PM
  • This is what I found:

    Make sure you have the "Office SharePoint service search" services (in windows services) run with the right user accound and password.

     

    • Marked as answer by B.D Friday, November 19, 2010 10:21 PM
    Friday, November 19, 2010 10:21 PM