Web application not able to connect to Oracle 10g RRS feed

• Question

• I have been facing an issue with my Web application past 2 days wherein I am not able to connect to oracle database. The error is receive when I compile my project : OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1 but error message text was not available. I have defined my connection in web.config and calling it using a connection string Details: os : window7 (64bit) .NET framework 4 Oracle 10g 32 bit can you please help me and provide me with a s
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 10:56 AM

Answers

• Then the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Visual Studio forum found @ http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio would be a much more suitable forum to discuss your issue since this is an End User forum versus an Application Developer Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

• Marked as answer by Ajay1985 Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:47 PM
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:37 PM

All replies

• You are in the wrong forum for issues with Oracle.  Your problem is with the Oracle application and its use.

You will have to find an Oracle forum or contact Oracle Technical Support.

Oracle is not a Microsoft product and is not an integral part of the Windows 7 operating system.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, September 13, 2014 11:08 AM
  • Hi,

My Question is related to Microsoft visual studio (.Net Framework). 

Issue: My Application build in Asp.Net is not able to connect to Oracle 10g database (32 bit). My OS is 64 bit in which my visual studio2010 is Installed.

Thanks

Error:  

OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1 but error message text was not available.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: OCIEnvCreate failed with return code -1 but error message text was not available.

Source Error: 
    Line 28: 
    Line 29:             OracleConnection con = new  OracleConnection(connStr);
    Line 30:             con.Open();
    Line 31:             str = "select count(1) from ITS_INCIDENT";
    Line 32:             com = new  OracleCommand(str, con);
    • Edited by Ajay1985 Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:29 PM
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Then the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Visual Studio forum found @ http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?category=visualstudio would be a much more suitable forum to discuss your issue since this is an End User forum versus an Application Developer Forum.

• Marked as answer by Ajay1985 Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:47 PM
    Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:37 PM