none
Workflow Stage Status views... RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a workflow, sometimes I only see the current workflow name and previous stages and in others I see all the stages  with the current stage in green.  How can I select one view or the other?

Many thanks

James 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, September 4, 2017 12:07 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hello James, workflows in Project Server are structured in phases and stages. Both you can see in the PDP "Workflow Stage Status", which will appear if you link your workflow to an EPT. At the bottom of the PDP, there's a table, which shows exactly where your workflow currently is. I would also reccomend you to create a view within the project center, which displays and groups the "Worklfow Phase Name" and "Workflow Stage Name". Please make sure that you puplish the workflow after certain actions, in order that the fields are updated properly.

Best regards,

Julian, PMP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Blog: https://project-brain.com

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Monday, September 4, 2017 6:11 AM
  • High Julian - I'm very sorry but I wasn't clear.  

Assume that I've created 3 phases and stages Initiation, Execution and Close and am in the Execution phase.  In the Workflow Status of that project sometimes you will see the Current and previous stages as icons/shapes, and sometimes you will see all of the stages in differing colours.  

I was wondering how to select one view of the other.  Hope this makes sense

Thanks 

• Edited by JamesP435 Monday, September 4, 2017 2:29 PM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 2:29 PM
  • Hello James,

I checked the behavior in my environment:

• Previous phases are displayed partly transparent
    • The actual stage is displayed highlighted
    • If there is a junktion, the upcoming phases and stages are not displayed

You don't have a lot of configuration options, except enabling/disabling:

• Title, Stage Description
    • Workflow Visualization
    • Pages in the current stage
    • Workflow stages: Expand/collapse, collapse per default

To change the appearance, go to the webpart settings.

If you want to have a custom visualization of your workflow, you can also do that with process pictures. For each stept you'll need a PDP with a Imapge Viewer webpart, to display the current status of your workflow. Maybe that's an option, too.

Best regards,

Julian, PMP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Blog: https://project-brain.com

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:53 AM