none
Where do I enter my blood type RRS feed

• Question

• Where do I enter my blood type so that I will appear on my Emergency Profile card?
    Monday, September 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Answers

• To add your blood type to HealthVault, go to the Edit Record page (click Edit under your picture) and then click Optional information and then you'll see the blood type drop-down.

We don't currently add your blood type to your emergency prep card.

For what it's worth, I recently spoke to my own doctor about blood type and she told me that in an emergency you'll be given O Type blood and then they'll quickly type your blood, so that they can be sure, no matter what you might have written on a wallet card. Now, that is just advice I received personally, not an official position of HealthVault!

For now, if you want to add your blood type to your wallet card, you'll need to write it on yourself. It's a suggestion we'll certainly consider for the future.

Thanks,

Kathy

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:13 PM
  • We did change the UI. You can now find Blood Type under Basic profile, which you'll find in the left navigation pane. Please note that your blood type will not appear on your emergency profile card.

-Kathy-

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:02 PM

All replies

• To add your blood type to HealthVault, go to the Edit Record page (click Edit under your picture) and then click Optional information and then you'll see the blood type drop-down.

We don't currently add your blood type to your emergency prep card.

For what it's worth, I recently spoke to my own doctor about blood type and she told me that in an emergency you'll be given O Type blood and then they'll quickly type your blood, so that they can be sure, no matter what you might have written on a wallet card. Now, that is just advice I received personally, not an official position of HealthVault!

For now, if you want to add your blood type to your wallet card, you'll need to write it on yourself. It's a suggestion we'll certainly consider for the future.

Thanks,

Kathy

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 3:13 PM
  • This reply must be outdated or not applicable to the web version. You can't click on the image. I did not find a way to enter the blood type information. I though this is one of the most important types of information in an emergency. Not sure why it is so complicated to add this information, which is not listed in any of the menus.
    Friday, October 10, 2014 3:51 PM
  • We did change the UI. You can now find Blood Type under Basic profile, which you'll find in the left navigation pane. Please note that your blood type will not appear on your emergency profile card.

-Kathy-

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:02 PM
  • thank you Ms Kathy
    Saturday, November 4, 2017 1:38 PM