SQL Discovery issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I have different issue for SQL DB Engine discovery, for one of the Clustered SQL instance the discovery is not happening and I followed all the steps specified in SQL MP guide and below is the configuration made in general

1) Installed the agent on cluster nodes and enabled the proxy for those agents.
    2) Configured the Run as account and liked them to specific SQL profiles as mentioned in SQL MP guide.
    3) Necessary permission for low privilege environment has been provided at SQL Nodes, cluster and Database.

when logged on the cluster nodes to investigate further I see different versions of the SQL server is installed (2008 and 2012) on the same node and just wondering whether our SQL MP is capable of discovering these type of nodes?

Any comments or any suggestion how to monitor this type of SQL environment. Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
    Bhaskar K

Friday, March 13, 2015 5:13 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my experience, the MP is able to discovery the two versions of SQL instances.

System Center Management Pack for SQL Server

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10631

Are there any errors in the operations manager event log?

Or any errors in the SQL Server error logs on the one of instance?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:03 AM

All replies