locked
Every newly sequenced application gives error 0A-0000E01E RRS feed

  • Question

  • Lately every newly created sequence gives me an 0A-0000E01E error when I launch it on a client. I found this technet article (http://technet.microsoft.com/hu-hu/library/cc843669.aspx) which says it might be corrupt and you need to resesequence the application. I did this now multiple times with all different applications, but they all give me the same error.

    Information: I create and deploy the sequences on Windows 7 x64 machines (also tried x86). The machines are fully patched and I tried it with and without my standard software on it. I am using App-V 4.6 to create and run the sequences and I use SCCM 2007 SP2 R2 deploy the sequences. All of my previously created sequences are normally functioning and I don't know since when new sequences suddently stopped working.

    sftlog [06/26/2010 21:53:51:131 JGSW ERR] {hap=3:app=CCleaner 2.33.0.1184:tid=984:usr=pvanderwoude}
    The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'FILE://C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\Cache\PTP0006A.1.S-1-5-21-2795391045-774902688-1220997435-1111\PTP0006A.sft' (rc 16D1190A-0000E01E, original rc 16D1190A-0000E01E).


    [06/26/2010 21:53:51:225 SWAP ERR] {hap=3:app=CCleaner 2.33.0.1184:tid=984:usr=pvanderwoude}
    The client was unable to connect to an Application Virtualization Server (rc 16D1190A-0000E01E)


    [06/26/2010 21:53:51:678 TRAY ERR] {tid=EF4:usr=pvanderwoude}
    The Application Virtualization Client could not launch CCleaner 2.33.0.1184.

    An unexpected error occurred. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.

    Error code: 4604EE8-16D1190A-0000E01E

    VappLauncher.log <![LOG[A distribution point lookup request is not needed for this package.]LOG]!><time="21:57:26.168+-120" date="06-26-2010" component="VAppLauncher" context="" type="1" thread="3272" file="vapputils.cpp:441">
    <![LOG[DP update is not required because it is fully cached or Download and Execute launching.]LOG]!><time="21:57:26.168+-120" date="06-26-2010" component="VAppLauncher" context="" type="1" thread="3272" file="vapplauncher.cpp:839">
    <![LOG[Activate Virtual Application with command ["C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\SftTray.exe" /launchResult {E2A6CE27-26A5-4689-B158-AE20FE2696EE} /launch "CCleaner 2.33.0.1184" ].]LOG]!><time="21:57:26.168+-120" date="06-26-2010" component="VAppLauncher" context="" type="1" thread="3272" file="vapplauncher.cpp:169">
    <![LOG[Raising event:
    [SMS_CodePage(437), SMS_LocaleID(1033)]
    instance of CLIMSG_VIRTUALAPP_ERROR_LAUNCH_FAILURE
    {
     ClientID = "GUID:9ED0E60B-FFAF-4940-9105-8E0C55FA7921";
     DateTime = "20100626195726.621000+000";
     ErrorCode = "000000-16d1190a-0000E01E";
     ErrorMessage = "An unexpected error occurred. Report the following error code to your System Administrator.";
     MachineName = "PTCLNT02";
     ProcessID = 2468;
     SiteCode = "PTP";
     ThreadID = 3272;
     VirtualApplicationNameAndVersion = "\"CCleaner 2.33.0.1184\" ";
    };
    ]LOG]!><time="21:57:26.621+-120" date="06-26-2010" component="VAppLauncher" context="" type="1" thread="3272" file="event.cpp:525">


    My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:41 PM

Answers

  • Figured it out. During the new deployments of Windows 7 we use some "registry tweaks". One of these is setting NTFSDisable8Dot3NameCreation to 1. After leaving out this tweak on the sequencing machine there are no corrupt sequences anymore.
    My Blog: http://www.petervanderwoude.nl/
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 7:52 PM

All replies