none
End User Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• I have two DPM 2010 servers in two different sites. Both are backing up data that is part of the same DFS replicated folder (So we don't have to recover files accross the inter-site links). I have enabled End User Recovery at site A and this is working fine. If I extent the schema agian to include the second server is End User Recovery smart enough to know which DPM server it should be recovering from (i.e. A user that has a replica active in site B should recover from the DPM server in site B).

• Moved by MarcReynolds Thursday, July 28, 2011 12:28 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, July 28, 2011 11:32 AM

All replies

• I have two DPM 2010 servers in two different sites. Both are backing up data that is part of the same DFS replicated folder (So we don't have to recover files accross the inter-site links). I have enabled End User Recovery at site A and this is working fine. If I extent the schema agian to include the second server is End User Recovery smart enough to know which DPM server it should be recovering from (i.e. A user that has a replica active in site B should recover from the DPM server in site B).

Hi Chris,

Yes the client’s should be smart enough to know what DPM server to recover from.  You can runSetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName YOURDPMSERVERNAME command from your client computers to ensure they are pointed to the correct DPM server.

HTH

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com
    Friday, August 5, 2011 6:13 AM