none
SCOM 2019 CentOS 7 discovery failing. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having an issue with discovering CentOS 7 server with SCOM 2019.  The discovery comes back as a failure with the following error.

Unexpected DiscoveryResult.ErrorData type.  Please file bug report.
    ErrorData: System.ArgumentNullException
    Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: lhs
       at System.Activities.WorkflowApplication.Invoke(Activity activity, IDictionary`2 inputs, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.Activities.WorkflowInvoker.Invoke(Activity workflow, IDictionary`2 inputs, TimeSpan timeout, WorkflowInstanceExtensionManager extensions)
       at Microsoft.SystemCenter.CrossPlatform.ClientActions.DefaultDiscovery.InvokeWorkflow(IManagedObject managementActionPoint, DiscoveryTargetEndpoint criteria, IInstallableAgents installableAgents)

Installing the client manually and then discovering the server works to a point.  SCOM is able to discover the server and sign the certificate but, the manage phase fails with the following error.

One of more errors occurred

Value cannot be null

Parameter name: lhs

I've seen others with the same issue but, I haven't seen any type of resolution.  Also, I have a SCOM 2012R2 setup that is able to manage CentOS without a problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Edited by Ukas_Uviok Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:39 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You are right, the error is not very explicit.

Can you please try and enable the module logging, let's check the logs, we just might get lucky and find more details about what is exactly happening. 

Enable Operations Manager Module Logging

Do a repro and check the logs. What do you see there?

Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hello

I have the same issue on SCOM 2016 UR7 lately for all my Linux discovery.

Do you have any news about this error?

Any help would be great!

Thx

Friday, May 31, 2019 3:23 PM