print in high quality a file word (that contains excel graphs) RRS feed

• Question

• I’m embedded a excel graph (ver 2010) inside a word document (2010).
    If I print on paper the file word, the graph appears with smudge (with blur) and not clear and sharpen as well as I print it directly from MS Excel.

I did not changed the 100% / 100% ratio of control shape that embeds the excel object inside word file (I know that I can change dimension and ratio…but changes also the ratio of the fonts… and of all items excel embedded).

What I have to do to produce a print in high quality? 

I can't use copy/paste in hi-res because I need and I want that my graph inside word update automatically as well as data change.

Thank you

Daniele.b75

• Edited by danieleb75 Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:59 PM no copy/paste
    Wednesday, April 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my tested with Office 2010, I can't reproduce the issue. Here is my steps, if you have any difference, please let me know.

Open Word 2010> Insert> Object> Microsoft Graph Chart> Save as PDF. Please see below image:

If you upload a sample through One Drive and share the link to me, I'll test in my environment.

And, if we want to improve the print quality with Word, please refer to the following link:

http://wordribbon.tips.net/T010218_Best_Quality_for_High_Resolution_Graphics.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:09 AM

All replies

• The degradation suggests you've pasted it into Word in a format other than the native Excel chart format.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, April 2, 2014 11:45 PM
  • I've not pasted, I have embedded.

Menù Insert...Create object... Microsoft Excel Graph.

Daniele.b75

Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:39 AM
  • I add this problem... 

In various temptative that I'm doing I see ...

and then If I try to "save as PDF"... or print on a PDF printer driver... I obtain this result:

What happen!!!???

Daniele.b75

Thursday, April 3, 2014 11:01 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my tested with Office 2010, I can't reproduce the issue. Here is my steps, if you have any difference, please let me know.

Open Word 2010> Insert> Object> Microsoft Graph Chart> Save as PDF. Please see below image:

If you upload a sample through One Drive and share the link to me, I'll test in my environment.

And, if we want to improve the print quality with Word, please refer to the following link:

http://wordribbon.tips.net/T010218_Best_Quality_for_High_Resolution_Graphics.html

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 4, 2014 6:09 AM