none
Restored VHD however data is 2 months old RRS feed

• Question

• I have restored a vhd from both last thursday and Wednesday however when I boot it up the data is from 6/15/2012. How is this possible and why is it happening. Any advice / suggestions?
    Tuesday, August 7, 2012 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

How are you determiming that the data in the restored .VHD is two months old.  If you restore the whole Guest VM - do the other VHD's show the same ?

Try running a synchronoization job with integrity check to see if any corruption is found.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc627335.aspx

New Information

Cmdlet support for integrity check
    DPM 2007 and later now allows you to trigger an integrity check on a new recovery point through cmdlets through a new parameter WithDataIntegrityCheck. This parameter does not take a value, but if used at the time of creating a new recovery point by using Expressfull backup, it triggers an integrity check on the recovery point.

Syntax

New-RecoveryPoint –Datasource name of data source -Disk -BackupType expressfull –WithDataIntegrityCheck

Example – Integrity Check
    The following sequence of commands allows you to create a new recovery point and perform an integrity check on it before storing it to the variable recoverypt.

$dpmname = “Contoso”

$pg = Get-ProtectionGroup -DPMServerName $dpmname

$ds = Get-Datasource -ProtectionGroup $pg[x]    (where x is the zero mased index into the output)

$recoverypt = New-RecoveryPoint -Datasource $ds[x] -Disk -BackupType expressfull –WithDataIntegrityCheck     (where x is the zero mased index into the output)

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, August 12, 2012 5:25 PM
  • I've created a current backup of a different Virtual Machine this morning. Then I restored the vhd and mounted the hard drive and it has data there that is no longer on the server and the time stamps for say windows update log is 6/15 and there is no data newer that 6/15.

• Edited by Jester04 Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:40 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:38 PM