Cannot Backup Sharepoint Site RRS feed

• Question

• I have MOSS 2007 running on Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2005. When I try to backup my site collection I receive this error meesage: "Cannot open content database WSS54_2wegwewe444. Login Failed xyz\administrator.

I need help

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 15, 2011 1:14 PM Backup questions are always going to be admin questions not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, April 15, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• The reason behind this is most likely due to the Application Pool for the Site\Site Collection is running under the wrong account, probably Network Service. Simply changing it from Network Service to the valid SharePoint account will fix your issue

Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It sound like database permission problem. Add xyz\administrator account in content database as owner.

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Friday, April 15, 2011 11:36 AM
  • Thanks I will try that
    Friday, April 15, 2011 12:11 PM
  • It still not working, same error message
    Friday, April 15, 2011 12:37 PM
  • How are you backing up the database? If you are doing it via stsadm, make sure you are logged into the farmadmin account on the server and that your commandline is being ran under that same account. Otherwise, please more info....error during the backup process or after etc....
    Kipp Sorensen
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 6:30 PM
  • The reason behind this is most likely due to the Application Pool for the Site\Site Collection is running under the wrong account, probably Network Service. Simply changing it from Network Service to the valid SharePoint account will fix your issue

Dare to promise
    • Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:13 PM