none
The Application Virtualization Server has returned an Internal System error. Error code: XXXXXX-XXXXXX0A-200001F4 RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Application Virtualization Server has returned an Internal System error. Error code: XXXXXX-XXXXXX0A-200001F4

Symptoms

=============================

You receive the following error message when you do a manual Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.5 Client refresh operation.

The Application Virtualization Client could not update publishing information from the server SERVERNAME.FQDN.com

The Application Virtualization Server Has returned an Internal System error. Report The Following error code to your System Administrator.

Error Code: 450519-1690150A-200001F4

Cause

Removing the check from the Authentication check box on Provider Pipeline tab of the Default Provider Policy

Resolution

Enable to the Authentication check box on Provider Pipeline tab of the appropriate Provider Policy in the Application Virtualization 4.5 Server Management Console.

Repro Steps

1. Set up an App-V 4.5 Management Server

2. Go to the Policy Provider node then to Properties of the Default Provider Policy.

3. Go to the Provider Pipeline tab

4. Disable Windows Authentication

5. Restart the server

6. DC Refresh the server on a client

---------

For more information regarding Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V), please also refer to the App-V Team blog at http://blogs.technet.com/Softgrid/.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

This error has also hit me when I've installed the 4.5 client onto the same machine as the VAS (or MSSCAVMS as it is now!) - I've been 'told' that this is "not supported" by Microsoft and as a result can't get any assistance in resolving it, but it has always worked on previous versions, and works in some environments (my vm's for example)..

Don't know if you have any additional info on this, but thought it might be useful info for anyone else hitting this problem.

Cheers,
    Danny
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 10:38 AM