To change log in e-mail address RRS feed

• Question

• Soon I will be closing my current log in e-mail account due to abuse (not from technet!). I have already opened a new hotmail account. I like to keep my present profile as it is and just change my log in e-mail to my new e-mail. Tried doing this in 'my settings' page but it is getting garbled. How can I do this?
    melita
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 2:23 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yeah, this comes from Microsoft official download center, you could download and install it, and it is safe for user.

The gadgets focus on TechNet and MSDN forums, depending on your own choice, you could select one of them to use. If you want to use a gadget to assist you in TechNet forum, you could download techneten.gadget, and other two files are MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS.

Alex Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by floccinaucini Friday, December 30, 2011 8:39 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:07 AM

All replies

• For help with Hotmail please go to http://explore.live.com/hotmail and click on the Help Center link.

There is not any email programs native to Windows 7, so you have to go to the link above for help.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Saturday, December 24, 2011 7:41 PM
  • Hello Mr. Rick Dee,

Thank you for your suggestion above but I have been to this hotmail site and the answer to my problem is not there. I did come across the answer in MSDN TechNet where I have posted  the same question. To change the Forums log in WLID we need to go to site feedback of MSDN TechNet. Please check there for details.

Best regards.

melita
    Sunday, December 25, 2011 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

Please ask a question in Hotmail forum:

Hotmail Portal

Alex Zhao

Monday, December 26, 2011 2:13 AM
  • Hello Mr.Zhaozx,

Before I found the answer to my question in MSDN "feed back" I went to Hotmail Portal also but even there I could'nt find the solution. In MSDN the solution took only a few minutes. They practically had the answer ready and waiting for me! The details are posted in the MSDN TechNet forum.

But you can help me with some thing else. This "TechNet Forum Assistant" shown on your post above, 

1. is this a Microsoft gadget?

2. Is it safe to down load?

3. I went to the download page and it gives me four choices. I need help here because it tells me to download what is appropriate for me and I don't understand  what is appropriate. If it is safe to download, can you explain which choice to download.

Thank you for your response and best regards.

melita

Friday, December 30, 2011 1:58 AM
  • Hi,

Yeah, this comes from Microsoft official download center, you could download and install it, and it is safe for user.

The gadgets focus on TechNet and MSDN forums, depending on your own choice, you could select one of them to use. If you want to use a gadget to assist you in TechNet forum, you could download techneten.gadget, and other two files are MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS.

Alex Zhao

• Marked as answer by floccinaucini Friday, December 30, 2011 8:39 PM
    Friday, December 30, 2011 7:07 AM
  • Thank you Mr. Zhaozx. I have downloaded and installed the two gadgets. Best regards
    melita
    Friday, December 30, 2011 8:41 PM