none
FAILURE 7706 Drive C was not found RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to image HP server. In my lab i am not getting any errors, but some prod servers i am getting an error that Drive C is not found. Config should be the same. Not sure what i need to check?

On diskpart i do not see a volume:

There is no RAID controller so i dont think any drivers are missing.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Ogeccut,

The Disk Status if Offline. After you do "sel disk 0" can you do the command "online disk"

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:06 PM
  • Thanks. Now list vol i can see Volume 3 as Windows. Do i need to change it?
    Monday, April 2, 2018 9:23 PM
  • No, leave it like that. Let me know if you can image the server.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Monday, April 2, 2018 9:25 PM
  • Thanks. Booting now. Will see the results tomorrow. Will let you know.
    Monday, April 2, 2018 9:29 PM
  • Same error when i try to restart the build:
    Monday, April 2, 2018 11:39 PM
  • Can you verify you are not missing any storage drivers? How are the hard drives configured in the BIOS?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5:44 AM
  • There is no RAID controller. Its a direct storage. I dont think i need any drivers.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 12:59 PM
  • The only thing i could find is BIOS version is different. All other settings in the BIOS are the same.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 1:16 PM
  • As a rule of thumb I always tend to include bendor‘s network / storage drivers in my WinPE images. I tend to think that the issue you are experiencing is tightly related to device detection and enumeration.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Tuesday, April 3, 2018 2:17 PM
  • I do not have RAID controller, its SAN storage. And other servers same models build with no issues.
    Tuesday, April 3, 2018 6:35 PM