none
Split Brain DNS RRS feed

• Question

• My company used the DNS name of our website for the domain name. What is the simplest way to implement split brain DNS within a virtual environment (vmware vdi)?

I managed to get it working to a degree for some windows 10 machines but anything running windows 7 is still having issues. 

My windows 10 machines are able to resolve to the website but windows 7 machines are not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Would you like to implement split brain DNS on one VM to serve for internal VMs domain and external subnet such as private and public DNS service on one DNS server?

Please try the following suggestion to see if it works.

1)Try the following link to check if the split brain DNS server is configured correct.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/networking/dns/deploy/split-brain-dns-deployment

2)Please type the command “nslookup -d2 -type=a <website domain name>” to debug the name query process.

Hope above information can help you.

Highly appreciate your effort and time. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards, 

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 3, 2018 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Wish you have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 1:38 PM