KB3061064 - Update Version < Installed Version RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have 3 servers with Skype for Business components. Everyone has Update Rollup for Skype Business Server 2015(KB3061064) pending in Windows Update. After starting the installation the Update Installer tells me that the installed version is higher than the update version.

My account is not verified so i can't upload the screenshot:

https://s21.postimg.org/ccp9ghfw7/Skype_for_Business_Server_2015_Update_Installer.png

When i click the "close" Button the update is marked as successfully installed.  With the next search for Updates KB3061064 appears again.

Any ideas ?

Kind regads

Sörc

• Edited by Sörc Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:02 AM
    Monday, September 5, 2016 11:25 AM

Answers

• Hi Sorc,

Welcome to our forum.

By this issue, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Re-download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47690 
    2. Before you run SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe, disable A/V software and Windows firewall on SFB server 
    3. Or try to re-create Window profile on SFB server
    4. After all updates were installed, restart SFB server to have a check 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard

Jim Xu

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by jim-xu Friday, September 16, 2016 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Agree with Jim 100%

I wouldn't let Windows/Microsoft Update update Skype ever, if the SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe shows you as up to date, and you're not seeing issues, I'd sit tight and not worry about it until the next CU.  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Sorc,

Welcome to our forum.

By this issue, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot:

1. Re-download SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe from the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47690 
    2. Before you run SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe, disable A/V software and Windows firewall on SFB server 
    3. Or try to re-create Window profile on SFB server
    4. After all updates were installed, restart SFB server to have a check 

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know and we will pleasure to help you. If the above suggestion are helpful to you, please make it as answer so that someone who has similar issue could find this thread as soon as possible.

Best Regard

Jim Xu

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:43 AM
  • Agree with Jim 100%

I wouldn't let Windows/Microsoft Update update Skype ever, if the SkypeServerUpdateInstaller.exe shows you as up to date, and you're not seeing issues, I'd sit tight and not worry about it until the next CU.  

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, September 13, 2016 12:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 6, 2016 2:15 PM
  • I opened a Support Case. The MS support told me to deny the update in the WSUS.
    The newer updates for Skype had no dependencies to this patch.
    Monday, December 12, 2016 10:34 AM