Windows 7 crashes from screen shut off RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows 7 computer crashes when the screen shuts off. It's not sleeping, it's not hibernating. Both are turned off. Has anyone seen this before?
    Saturday, December 17, 2016 4:55 AM

All replies

• In most cases,pc shutdown,or refuses to,or problems like that refer to pc hardware areas,if its a desktop pc,it may be as simple as the pc MB battery.Refer to owners manual,they run about 5.00  Most are a 2032 series.
    Sunday, December 18, 2016 5:30 AM
  • Hi AAATech,

The issue about the crash of shut off may be related to software or hardware. We could check it with safe mode and using system restore. Also we could check the hard disk and memory. Please follow the steps in the link below to check the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17074/windows-7-resolving-stop-blue-screen-errors

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 7:55 AM