none
Cannot connect to Windows 2003 Server after updating the Windows 8.1pro client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

After patching the updates of an existing Windows 8.1pro Client, I'm unable to connect to shared folder of Windows 2003 Server...But, you can connect by typing the IP of the Server....Eg: \\192.168.1.2 but not by the Server name...eg: \\Tac-Server...

Please note that the Windows update went smoothly without any error and now it's showing no more windows update but directly upgrade to Windows 10.

Can you please help me to sort out this issue.

Thanks

Prabhath

Thursday, April 21, 2016 4:25 AM

Answers

• Hi CoolPra,

According to your description, I want to confirm with you Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 you are using.

We could try flushed DNS with ipconfig /flushdns, added two DWORD entries to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters - DomainCompatibilityMode = 1 and DNSNameResolutionRequired = 0 and rebooted computer.

I find a similar problem in the link below could be help for you

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/244382-cannot-access-file-server-by-name-but-can-by-ip

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Also we can set DNS server as your shared server in the Client IPv4 PROPERTIES.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 22, 2016 11:52 AM