Edit modern page title from a web part RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to have an editable web page title on a modern SharePoint page? I mean a web part like the OOB Text component but when you edit the text, the Title property of the page is updated to the given text as well. Is it even possible to do something like this? I was thinking that I could create a custom web part and update the Title property in TypeScript but would it be problematic to update the same page through code that the user is currently editing?

Another option for me would be to just display the page title property in a Text component if it allows properties to be shown. Editing would be done in the site pages library.

Is either of these options possible to implement?

Monday, April 15, 2019 10:15 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Currently, your first request is not achievable since it is difficult to insert code in modern page. To add code to Modern Pages, you need to use SharePoint Framework (SPFx). Refer to below article for more information:  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/enterprise-guidance 

For your second request, you can display page title property with "Page properties web part":

1. Edit the page and add a Page properties web part. 

2. Click "Add properties" and select the property to display in the dropdown box(you should select "Title").

Best regards, 

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Currently, your first request is not achievable since it is difficult to insert code in modern page. To add code to Modern Pages, you need to use SharePoint Framework (SPFx). Refer to below article for more information:  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/spfx/enterprise-guidance 

For your second request, you can display page title property with "Page properties web part":

1. Edit the page and add a Page properties web part. 

2. Click "Add properties" and select the property to display in the dropdown box(you should select "Title").

Best regards, 

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Thank you Allen Bai for the reply. This helped :)

Regards,

Jesse

Friday, April 26, 2019 8:00 AM