none
Check-in Pending... RRS feed

• Question

• I have a co-worker who has one of his projects displaying as check-in pending from his view (both through the desktop application as well as the web app) and he is unable to check it out for editing.

however, when we go to the web app and click on "force check in my projects" nothing appears for him.

as an administrator, i also looked though the force check in enterprise objects and did not see it, as well as through the queued jobs and there was nothing pending/blocking there either.

I was able to check out his project from my end, make a change, and republish and check in.  this still did not fix the issue for him.

So I ended up checking out his project and republishing it under a different name, feels like a dirty solution to me though

Monday, November 24, 2014 2:47 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the users tries to open the project in browser for editing, does he/she get any errors? If not, it may be just a matter of deleting the project from cache (for that go to MS Project > File > Options > Save > Cleaup Cache and delete the project from either Projects not checked out to you or Projects checked out to you)

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by efrizzell Monday, December 15, 2014 1:14 PM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If the users tries to open the project in browser for editing, does he/she get any errors? If not, it may be just a matter of deleting the project from cache (for that go to MS Project > File > Options > Save > Cleaup Cache and delete the project from either Projects not checked out to you or Projects checked out to you)

Hope this helps

Paul

• Marked as answer by efrizzell Monday, December 15, 2014 1:14 PM
    Monday, November 24, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Hi,

It looks like a cache issue. You have to clean the user's local cache following this procedure.

If it is not working, go head with those steps.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 24, 2014 2:58 PM
  • interesting, The web app did not show any errors, so it looks like it is the cashe issue.  he was too far into editing the new document I made for him though, so I did not want to interrupt him to check.  but I can now use this for future issues
    Monday, November 24, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Indeed the cache being a local feature (MS Project Pro installed localy on the user's machine), you'll not see any cache related error message in PWA.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:13 PM
  • Hi,

Then you will need to delete the project from local cache

Paul

Monday, November 24, 2014 3:15 PM