none
DPM 2012 SP1 - How to Backup only C drive VHD files when selecting Clusters RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am trying to backup only C drives VHD backup and I don't see a option to backup just the C drive VHD.

I don't want to use the Bare Metal recovery route. (I have to install agents on all vm's etc)

Steps:  

I am updating DPM groups 

select Clusters, then the VM.

I then see Hyper V, which backups both C and D vhd files from the folder.

Is there a option to just select C drive vhd instead of all VHD associated with the VM?

( If I choose Hyper-V it backups up all the volumes,  which I don't want because of the disk constraints)

My D volumes are huge and are backed up using the TSM backup.

Regards,

PK

• Edited by pkasmani Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:31 PM typo error
    Sunday, September 1, 2013 2:24 PM

All replies

• DPM does not provide an option to back up only the c:\ drive.  You can install the DPM protection agent inside of the virtual machine and then choose to backup only the c:\ drive.

One other option you can try is to use the Set-DPMGlobalProperty -HyperVPagefileExclusions PowerShell command to exclude a specifically named .vhd file as documented at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh881752.aspx.

-------------------- Regards, Michael V [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013 5:34 PM