none
T30 BIOS - Save as Custom User Settings? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a PowerEdge T30 Server.  I have a dedicated RAID adapter installed and am trying various BIOS settings for loading WinServer 2016 OS.  When changing Bios settings and trying to save, I get "Are you sure that you want to apply your changes? and a "Save as Custom User Settings" checkbox.  Is that the normal save mode, or is this a "backup" or temporary Bios save mode?  When is it appropriate to Save as Custom User vs Save without checking this option??
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 4:40 PM

All replies

• It doesn't seem to be explained in the T30 manual, but from my understanding, this is to allow you to save pre-sets for firmware options.

It is out of scope for this forum, you should ask on a Dell forum instead.

Here is the manual:

https://media.dustin.eu/media/256398/poweredge-t30.pdf

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:27 PM
  • RAID set(s) get configured in the BIOS,by default RAID is disabled..Once you allow raid in BIOS,set BIOS to boot to RAID configuration.ABIT pc mfg would say,edit Integrated Peripherals,then On Chip Drives menu,by default changes in BIOS are needed,best bet,Read Owners Manual.As far as "Loading WinServer" goes,edit Boot Option Menu,locate the HD or Partition of WinServer,set as 1st boot priority...Also,dell pcs use the F12 key on pc start-up for boot menu...
    Thursday, February 28, 2019 12:57 AM
  • Hi,

As reference, please the following link:

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/poweredge-t30/pet30_om/dell-poweredge-t30%E7%B3%BB%E7%BB%9F%E6%A6%82%E8%BF%B0?guid=guid-f239a202-7469-431a-8ed6-e7895632e72e&lang=en-us

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

For further help, I suggest you contact DELL supporter as they will be more professional on your issue.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents. Thank you for your understanding.

Hope these are helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 5:58 AM