How to install & uninstall MPIO driver with DSM? RRS feed

• Question

• I obtained MPIO DDK, make changes on inf file for specific device, and compiled it, which created several files.

My question is, How do I install and uninstall the drivers and DSM inorder to test it?
    • Edited by Bios Peter Monday, August 11, 2008 5:43 AM mis-spelling
    Monday, August 11, 2008 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hello Peter,

It doesn’t matter you use Japanese version or English version when you apply the MPIO featcure on Windows Server 2008.

Q: On 2003 can I also add multipath featcure like 2008? Does it should be done with installation dvd number 2?

A: No. Windows Server 2008 is the first version of Windows Server to include Microsoft Multipath I/O (MPIO) inbox. you may consult the developer to install and uninstall the drivers and DSM on the Windows Server 2003 R2 system.

Hope it helps.
    Your potential. Our passion.
    • Marked as answer by David Shen Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:30 PM

All replies

• You dont mention what OS you are using

On Windows Server 2008, add the MultiPath feature if you are using Core Server

Once you do that, you should be able to click "Start->Control Panel->Administrative tools->MPIO"

From there, click on the "Discover Multi-Paths Tab" to use the Microsoft provided DSM

or click on "discover multi-path tabs" to use the DSM you built

Monday, August 11, 2008 6:11 PM
  • Oh I missed to mention which OS I am using. That would be Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard edition SP2. I am running Japanese version on a work station for testing, but if the edition matters I can re-install with English edition.
    On 2003 can I also add multipath featcure like 2008? Does it should be done with installation dvd number 2?

• Edited by Bios Peter Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:00 AM info added
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 12:52 AM
  • Hello Peter,

It doesn’t matter you use Japanese version or English version when you apply the MPIO featcure on Windows Server 2008.

Q: On 2003 can I also add multipath featcure like 2008? Does it should be done with installation dvd number 2?

A: No. Windows Server 2008 is the first version of Windows Server to include Microsoft Multipath I/O (MPIO) inbox. you may consult the developer to install and uninstall the drivers and DSM on the Windows Server 2003 R2 system.

Hope it helps.
    Your potential. Our passion.
    • Marked as answer by David Shen Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:10 AM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 1:30 PM